Sunday, June 10, 2012

STREP!

YUCK! I hate being sick but nothing is worse than being sick in the summer.  I swear this bout with strep was worse then when my tonsils were removed in high school.  I was so upset yesterday because we had 4 tickets to the daddy/daughter sox game and I was supposed to take my dad for father's day.  My fever was awful and I literally couldn't even pull myself off the couch.  Fever is gone now, so my head doesn't feel like its going to explode and I can now think clearly. 

Anyway, someone sent me this little blurb "The Hardest Job Everyone Thinks They Can Do".  It is about the fact that many people think teaching is easy.  That's because good teachers make it look easy.  Most of my friends think I babysit for 7 hours and then get winter break, spring break, and summer break off.  Obviously that isn't the case.  I would love for one of my friends to follow me for a week at work to see what teachers have to do.  We are pulled in 70 different directions, given mountains of paperwork, have to consider 10+ different readiness levels in our classroom, have to write lesson plans for each minute of the day, have to cover an entire binder of standards, provide for the social emotional needs of our students, oh ya, and we have to teach too!  This is a great article to pass on to others about the exhausting, but completely rewarding, career that is teaching.

http://www.musingsonlifeandlove.com/2010/09/13/the-hardest-job-everyone-thinks-they-can-do/

No comments:

Post a Comment