Monday, June 4, 2012

Response to quote

"The key question isn't "what fosters creativity?" but it is "why in God's name isn't everyone creative? Where was the human potential lost? How was it crippled? I think therefore a good question might be not why do people create? But why do people NOT create or innovate? We have got to abandon that sense of amazement in the faceof creativity, as if it were a miracle if anybody created anything" ~ Abraham Maslow

This is something that I often wonder about some of my friends. Why do they not have the innate passion to make something, to create something, or why do they stand by and assume that the status quo is the way to go. It's interesting that they seem to think I have so much energy but it does not take much energy for me to create something. I think back generations to when people HAD to create things - clothes, homes, etc. Even with college degrees, many of us could not accomplish what our ancestors did without formal education.

No comments:

Post a Comment