Sunday, June 3, 2012

Back!

It's been a few days...sorry... :) 

I went to this amazing workshop that was held at my district for summer professional development.  The workshop was about energy healing and using meditation and Raki to balance yourself.  I definitely have some great strategies to use with my students (cross brain, relaxation) and myself.

On a creative note, a few of my quilts are finished, and just need the trim! I made this t-shirt quilt for my dad and I just love it.  It is all of his old tshirts put into a quilt.  It turned out really nice and I can't wait to give it to him.  I also have a ton of new fabric and I can't decide what to start first.  Its funny that I hate parts of the quilting process but love others. I love picking out fabric - I don't buy "kits" because I want to pick out my own fabric.  I want my quilt to be an expression of me, not something I buy in a ziplock bag and put together.  I am happy as a clam in a fabric store, matching fabric, and looking around for inspiration. Then I bring my treasures home...and I hate cutting stuff out.  Blah.  Boooorring.  But once it is all cut out, I can't wait to sew it.  I love piecing it together. I used to hate the "binding" or trimming process, because half is by sewing machine and half is by hand, but I've actually started to enjoy the hand sewing...its relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment