Friday, May 25, 2012

MAGE 459


Yesterday was the first meeting for the GIFT 459 class and I came home, relaxed, debriefed, and now can start to think about how to organize my summer.  I’m really not overwhelmed, I just get really nervous and agitated when I have things that I have to get done.  It annoys me to have things on a “to-do” list, and mine is getting very long.  Today was also the last day of school so I kind of have this “blah” feeling – all my work things are packed in boxes and I just feel displaced.  I think that the first thing to do is organize my portfolio for this course and at least get a Word document started.  I hate waiting until the last minute to do things, so I will probably get going on this as soon as possible. 
As for the summer class, I am excited to start planning for the “Super Sleuths” class.  Forensic science, mysteries, creative writing, and gifted kids…what else could a teacher ask for?  I am also very excited to work with Jenn and Sam.  They are wonderful people and I know they have to be wonderful teachers.  It will be fun to see them in action with kids.  I know I am going to learn a lot from them!  Speaking of Jenn, we had some undergrad classes together and then kind of lost touch.  I was so excited to see her again at a MAGE program meeting. 
I have a big task ahead of me, but I am up for the challenge.  The key to not stressing myself out will be to create a schedule to keep this class and creativity flowing smoothly.  I probably should get to that today, but this is my first night of summer break...maybe I’ll start tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment