Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Journal from 1st Class

This is what I wrote last night for my first journal entry after watching "Why Man Creates".  Was too exhausted to post it when I got home and work was crazy...so here it goes...

Creative people are often viewed as "crazy" in their lifetimes, but "genius" usually after their deaths.  Are creative people "crazy"?  Is "crazy" being creative?  Extreme ideas drive change, yet the average person does not embrace change.  I liked the quote from the movie: "Society's contribution to change is criticism". That is so true.  I think we are born with the innate ability to be creative, but years of being told to "act normal", "tow the line", and "fit in" cause many people to not be able to see out side the box they have been crammed in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment